Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Desk - check!

Picked up my desk last night. It's pretty great -- funky and functional. Of course, I had to spend about 4 hours rearranging furniture and cleaning to make it fit. I'm glad I'm loving it now -- I'm sure to hate it after spending long amounts of time sitting there over the next year. Mingus loves it too - his bed fits nicely by it, and it's a perfect den for him.

Speaking of the pooch, today was the second day that I got soaked by sprinklers at the park. Yesterday he decided to do his business by one. Right as I was picking it up -- bam -- hit with a harsh spray. Today we had to walk through them to cross the street and get home. It's really hard to take yourself at all seriously when you are holding a bag of dog poo in one hand, a slobbery tennis ball in the other, and thoroughly soaked on one side.

And in more relevant matters... I've been thinking a lot about law school lately. Not that that's at all profound. I should be thinking a lot about it. I'm starting next week. But, ever since our wedding in May, I've been having some doubts. When I was studying for the LSAT and applying, I was so completely sure that I was *meant* to go to law school. I had lists and charts about why it was the perfect thing for me to do. I used said lists and charts to convince my mom that it was a good idea. I had conviction and confidence about it. For the most part I still do. But, like a lot of people, I feel like choosing something involves a lot of giving up other things. And, in the midst of working while studying for the LSAT, researching schools, and applying, I didn’t have a chance to mourn lost options. Sure, that’s being dramatic. They’re not lost. They’re just not a priority right now. But, a tiny little part of me is still a little sad that I didn’t opt for the starving writer route.