Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Spending time with the in laws was great. Unfortunately, the drive home -- usually taking 1.5 - 2 hours -- lasted for EIGHT hours. Why? Because part of the freeway flooded and closed. At one point it took us an hour to go .1 mile. At least at that point we were at a dead enough stop for me to grab a sheet, wrap it around myself for cover and pee in a ditch on the side of the freeway. And, fortunately, we were not driving our old volvo because we bought a car while in good old Sacto. Yup, we are the proud parents of a 2003 Ford Escape.

While in Sacto, I also managed to find a suit that I love for all the interviews I don't have. I am especially convinced I won't have any given a letter from one of the DA's offices I applied to. First of all, I called this office to inquire about their 1L hiring practices maybe 3 weeks ago. They told me to submit a resume and cover letter, etc. Fine. The form letter went something like "overwhelmed by interest in our office blah blah...we only hire 2Ls." Seriously, what the fuck? Obviously they knew that when I called. UGH. If they told me that in the first place I could have saved my fancy resume paper, the stamp, and some space on my little spreadsheet.

As for resolutions...I have not smoked a cigarette today.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for no smoking!

Boo for stupid job search.

I'm glad you have a new car and don't have to worry about the Volvo anymore.

 
At 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! new suit, new wheels (my SIL loves her Escape) -- glad you convinced the husband. I was wondering if you were attempting to drive back yesterday and was thinking about you -- glad you could at least do it in comfort. :)

and... yay for no cigarettes today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home