Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Are you havin' any fun? Are you gettin' any lovin'?

That damn song has been in my head all weekend because both of the grandmas were singing it on Christmas morning.

The Christmas review:

I got a bike!! I feel like a giddy ten year old. Our gift from the inlaws was a weekend at the Monterey Plaza Hotel so thoughtful and generous. After we opened our gift bag which included maps and menus for various restaurants in the area, they told me to go behind the bar. And, well, there was a bike for me! I didn't even know I wanted a bike, but I've already fantasized about riding through the park to the beach with the husband and getting into SF biker shape so I can ride to school. Apparently, husband was planting seeds for a while. I've been talking about wanting an active hobby, something we can do together that doesn't revolve around eating or drinking. On the drive up to Sacramento, the husband asked me if I wanted to get back into snowboarding (a hobby I had while in highschool and working at a board shop. During a time when I had disposable income, got free lift tickets and had a parental house in whinch to store boards and gear). I told him I don't particularly because it's expensive, requires a lot of storage space, and I prefer my travel money go to warm beachy places where I can wear less clothing, see and eat a lot of fish, and drink things with names like "lava flow" for breakfast. Speaking of, the husband got some dive gear from his bro. So, once we can get everything together, we're going to learn how to go abalone diving. Wee!

Onto the fun stuff...

Brother in law got mother in law a children's book "so you can read it with grandbabies." Uh, hope you're working on them because we sure aren't any time soon.

Crazy grandma got a lot of thoughful, pricy gifts. Never said thank you a single time. Not once.

Crazy grandma talked to the husband about my boobs repeatedly. "They're getting bigger, I swear. They're huge. What are you doing to those to make them bigger? Are you massaging them every night?" Then, she proceeds to talk about her own "34Ds" while opening presents.

And the highlight holiday award: Crazy grandma gave skateboarding punk rock cousin a dark hokey sweater. She said: "I know this isn't your style, but you can wear it to my funeral."

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun! I have a bike too... and I'm totally not in biking shape but would like to be... hint, hint. :)

 
At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bike. Wicked sweet. And...

Monterey Plaza Hotel....even more wicked sweet. That place is nice.

 
At 5:53 AM , Blogger kommishonerjenny said...

i know a 1L who abalone dives. next time we're all on the beach at the same time i'll introduce you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home