Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Vain and Trite

While swimming around on the Web, I found this post that describes some law student blogs as vain and trite. I hope mine doesn't fall into this category, but it might. And if it does, please e-mail me or comment and let me know that's the case. I might change things about it. Or, I might not.

Reading that statement compelled me to decide why I am blogging about an experience that has been written about many, many times. Is it to say something really original? Probably not. I think there are 2 main reasons why I'm blogging. First up: I've always been "a writer." Since I've been writing for a Web site ever since graduating from college, blogging seems a pretty natural and easy way to write. Reason number 2: I *love* reading the blogs of other law students. Especially Sua Sponte.

I think that writing about oneself, whether online or in print, requires a bit of egotism that can easily border on vein. And, most things that are written have been written before. But, trite doesn't always mean untrue...

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"can easily border on vein" OMG, I can't believe that the Grammar Nazi screwed up that one! Which vein darling? There are the saphenous, femoral, perfactor, tibial, peroneal... JKD, TOB!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Thanks for keeping me on my toes! I am about to go edit the post.

 
At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 
At 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home