Sunday, October 02, 2005

The grunge

One thing I am sharply missing about pre law school life is the ability to be sick without feeling guilty. I could spend all day hacking away while lying in bed reading through a fever induced haze. Or, I could sneeze on the couch watching movies or endless Law and Order reruns, no second thought. I have to admit that there were times when I welcomed the obligatory rest period gifted to me by some virus or bug.

But, the bugger that slipped by my hopped-up-on-multi-vitamins-and-airborne line of defense this time is ENEMY NUMBER ONE. I couldn't stay home and sleep it off early like I wanted to because I was afraid to miss class. Then it seemed to be getting better. So, 2 glasses of wine on Friday night didn't seem like a bad idea. Aaaarrrggg. I compromised today and only did 2 hours of work opting for tea and sleep around the rest of the clock. In addition to feeling like microwaved pooch poo, I was a raving cranky maniac, alternately crying and complaining to my husband that he was being too loud while he vacuumed. (Shaking my head in shame.)

Maybe the hot shower and good dinner and insane amount of lemon and honey and tea and juice will make a difference and I'll wake up able to breath and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.

...blah blah...week 8.