Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Trying out for things

I am going to audition for a moot court team. It's one of the things our school is "known for." I have a lot of writing and editing experience and I genuinely enjoy public speaking. But, as with the applications for the DA's office, a sandwich board baring those words doesn't seem like the best strategy. I hate answering the questions for the application. I'm trying to strike a balance between selling myself but not being shmaltzy. But with questions like: What is your most compelling attribute as a moot court competition member? and: How do you normally handle stress? Ugh.

Question: does high school mock trial experience count for "relevant experience in oral advocacy or debate? Discuss.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

I think cheerio's are better than wheaties, but nowhere near as good as rasin bran and cap'n crunch...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home