Thursday, May 04, 2006

One down...and some funny stories.

I'm on the bus listening to my "SKH kicks ass and takes names" mix. The woman I'm standing in front of is in a belligerant discussion with the bus driver who is trying to get her to pay her fare or get off. I'm trying to ignore the exchange and let Eminem pump me up. Woman starts asking people for contributions to pay her fare. Finally, I go up to the driver and ask how much. For a mere dollar, I can stop the insanity and get moving. So I do. Unfortunately many people have gotten on the bus at this point, so I have to stand in front of the woman. She thanks me, I say no problem and insert the headphones. I fast forward to Fugazi. Then the following exchange occurs:

Woman: "You know, I used to be a cosmetologist."
Me, headphones still in: "That's nice."
Her, "You know, there's something wrong with your hair. Yeah, it's a good cut but it's the wrong color for your face."
Me, looking at her quizically.
Her: "Yeah, yeah, you need to go lighter. It'll, uh, detract from this." Makes movements with her hand around her chin. "Yeah, you need to go blonde to take away from those blemishes."
Me: "Uh, thanks, I'll think about that." Internal dialogue: Dude, you suck. I just paid your bus fare and now you are telling me that I have bad skin. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF FINALS FOR LAW SCHOOL I DON'T CARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE. YOU'RE LUCKY I SHOWERED TODAY.
Her: "Yeah, you know get some peroxide and comb it through. It will look great. And, OH! you should get some thicker foundation because it will cover all this (again with the hand motions) up."

She finally gets off the bus. I listen to the Killers at full blast. I go to Starbucks to meet B. I'm sitting at a table facing a window. Random homeless guy stares at me and makes disfgusting facial and tongue movements.

The test, well, it sucked. But, not as much as last semester's civ pro exam. I feel like I studied as hard as I could and did as well as possible in those three hours. And to all the people post-mortuming (sp?) the exam in detail behind me -- FUCK YOU. It's over. SHUT the hell up. PS, remember celebrating another success prematurely? Yeah, that's what I thought. So yeah, I don't really care about whether you wrote about Erie or minimum contacts or eating your boogers for that matter. Love, SKH

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, it's over!

and you don't have to think about it for a couple of years at least. :)

 
At 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should have a notes burning party or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home