Sunday, July 30, 2006

Random

I bought clothes at Target for the victim I interviewed today...for her to wear when she testifies. The jail interview was something I can't describe without going into details I can't ethically go into.

::

There are currently 2 cars on my rather small by city standards block that are serving as people's homes. I want to be sympathetic but am just annoyed, especially because I see occupants of both drinking frequently and one seems to be cooking meth in the van.

::

I need the vacation I'm taking next week. I love, love, love my job. But it's been a lot. I can't wait to snorkel, hike, drink, and read. Between buying and borrowing (a disclaimer to my reading list) I'll be reading: Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Barbara Kingsolover's Poisonwood Bible, Under the Tuscan Sun, and Booneville. I will post real links and reviews when I return.

::

As Pavement says: "I Need To Sleep..."

8 Comments:

At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Government work has the capacity to rip your heart out.

Tell me what you think of the Curious Incident of the Dog...I've been meaning to read that one.

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED Poisonwood Bible, and really liked Curious Incident. perfect beachy reading. :)

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Q said...

Love love loved Poisonwood Bible!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

excellent choices :) poisonwood is one of my all-time favorite novels. really an amazing piece. something borrowed will take you about 2 hours, as will curious incident. but that's what beach reads are for! under the tuscan sun is really great as well...if you saw the movie, you will be annoyed after you finish the book - totally different, and the movie really trivialized the book, i thought.

have a fabulously wonderful trip! oh, and did you get those shoes?

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

I did not yet get the shoes. Am planning to call this weekend :)

Glad that the boos are good ones. I have not seen Under the Tuscan Sun, so I am all set!

 
At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! dodge minivan 3.0 engine http://www.erotic-stories-0.info/photos_of_pamela_anderson.html Emw hepa filters minivan voyager running boards Pashmina shawls and sweaters Honda f22b engine information versatile and safest minivan Sako rifle 6 ppc minivan annual sales Anal sex written stories How to take medicine topamax for migranies Infiniti 350gt

 
At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

 
At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Farmers union insurance west des moines Lexus-nexus patents electric wheelchairs Hair loss help forum Business card design example Linux samba 3 in windows 2003 native domain pda accessory online gambling Keyword neurontin 600mg boards ppc se Baccarat monaco tumbler search engine placement Lexapro and alcohol consumption The ability to hold slightly curved flat panels Adderall in school bikini lingerie http://www.hair-loss-rogaine.info Accounts receivable commercial credit insurance

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home