Saturday, October 15, 2005

And the days go so slow...

Man, I forgot how long a day can be when you aren't doing homework. I planned to do some reading today. But instead, my day went something like this...

8am - 2:30: Baby sit. I got this great idea to bake with the kids -- a 4 year old and 2 year old. BTW, I don't generally cook. But, I'd found a great leaf cookie cutter and thought we'd try sugar cookies. I had to call my fried E to get a recipe because the 37 cookbooks they had (including two cookie cook books) didn't have a recipe for sugar cookies. Unfortunately, I realized too late that you can't soften the butter after you've added the eggs. If you're a visual person, imagine me, wearing all black, covered in flour with a sweet 4 year old girl asking "why does that look like cottage cheese babysitter SKH??" and a two year old also covered in flour screeching "POOOOOP" and running circles around me. So, I started over again and we made "fall chocolate chip cookies." I've made chocolate chip cookies quite a few times in my life and they turned out very well. We added orange and yellow sprinkles -- ta da, fall. I must say though, I've never seen a dirtier kitchen.

2:30: Pick up husband, go downtown to CHP office to get sign off on a fix it ticket. This is our 4th fix it ticket for the Volvo.

After that : Trader Joe's. AAAAHHHH. Too crowded. Not enough parking. So-so wine selection. Too much money spent.

Next: Unload groceries. Go look for parking. This takes over 45 minutes. Park over 10 blocks away from house. Get quarters for laundry on way home.

Then: And by this time it's around 5 or so...Husband brings dog back from the park. And he's angry. And the dog is COVERED in the grossest mud ever. Probably because he's been peeing in this particular mud puddle for the past 6 trips to the park. The puddle is a rare combo of San Francisco park mud, dog piss, and God knows what else. We've been able to keep him from laying down in it until today.

At the point when I was thinking, okay, I'm going to do work for a couple of hours before dinner, I insteand plunge into the shower with my dog. And then clean the bathroom while the husband is blow drying him. There is mud splatter ON THE CEILING LIGHT. I am so never having children. Until I forget this day.

I have to say, it was a much better Saturday than I've had in a while.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

 
At 4:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Nexium official site evista raloxifene united states Cyclohexadiene tamiflu Management accounting control Coregistration affiliate programs Payday advance no checking account required The mooney suzuki mp3 r evista vip

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home