Monday, January 09, 2006

Subarus and Umbrellas

Portland was wonderful. It was great to see K and K, and the city itself is..."great" "wonderful" "artsy" and "rainy." I wish I had better adjectives for it. I love San Francisco, but am slightly jealous that an amazing 3 story, 5 bedroom house in the hip South East neighb. is, well, affordable. There are actually matinees until 6pm. So, we saw 2 movies for less than $7 each. Munich was an informative, well orchestrated movie to which I, unfortunately, never had an emotional connection despite the attempts to make it a very personal story. Brokeback Mountain was, as everyone says, beautiful and heartbreaking and one of the absolute best movies I have ever seen.

More on Portland...Everyone I met was creative and actually doing something creative, consistently. However, I did not see a single person of color until we visited a neighborhood in the north -- Alberta I think?? Also, I read somewhere while I was there that it is the 8th worst American city to live if you are black.

Now I am trying to check my grades -- apparently civ pro was posted recently -- but stoopid freaking Web Advisor is NOT working properly. This is when I *really* miss being a regular smoker.