Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today I gave my full length practice argument for moot court. Afterwords we were critiqued for substantive points and social elements. When my prof told me I was jittery, I agreed. When he told me I moved too much, I thought he was providing helpful criticism. When he said: "And, I'm not sur if you know, but you turn really red. There was one moment when it was like something just came over you and you flushed red as a...tomato. I'm not sure if you can do anything about that."

I think it's biology or genetics or the fact that I'm just Irish and turn red whether I'm embarrased or thinking too hard or too hot or too drunk. Regardless, there's not shit I can do about it and thanks for bringing it up.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice.

Short of wearing a mask, I haven't figured out anything to do about it.

Coincidentally, today at around 5pm, one of our classmates pointed out that I had turned red from the glass of cider I had drank. I think I said something about "haven't you noticed by now, I'm white."

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Actually, our very funny TA suggested wearing a mask. Grrr...

 
At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing the moot court pros do is keep their hands glued to the podium... it really works to keep your movement to a minimum.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Sethonious said...

I think on the day of the big show you should go to the Mac counter tell them that you like to wear about an 11 on the 1-10 make up scale. They will give you about an 18 and there will be so much crap on your face that you might as well be wearing a mask. And as a bonus you will look like a tramp that will either boost your grade for symapthy or sex appeal...

On a different note 600 mg's of Ibu is a pretty good thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home