Friday, September 29, 2006

Hopefully next time I'll do better

Walking to my car today with a co-intern, I saw a stray dog on the opposite side of the road. My initial reaction was to put the pooch in my car. But, I couldn't figure out what I would do after that. Bringing her (I think it was a she because she was squatting female style to do her business)home to my tiny apartment seemed like a bad idea. And, since I don't have a crate in my car, I was a little worried about dragging in fleas. But, this all seemed like bad justification for not doing anything. Co-intern called Animal Control to let them know and they said they'd send a patrol, but when I drove back by I didn't see her again. Even if animal control picked her up, who knows what would happen. She'd be in the pound and potentially put down. I really feel like I should have picked her up myself and tried to get her to a rescue organization. So, Ms. 7th street, I'm sorry.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boyfriend almost hit a dog on the way to work the other morning. Dark, foggy windshield, dog in the middle of the street, etc. Lucky for dog, boyfriend is a great driver.

Life has a way of throwing pain in our direction, pain we can't really do anything about. And more often than not, it comes in the form of a dog or cat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home