Friday, August 24, 2007

Back in the saddle

After a trip to a wine bar with two friends a few nights ago, one friend e-mailed me "I love 3L so much I could marry it." Another friend (and here I use the term loosely, she is not someone I'm particularly close to) said to me earlier that week: "SKH, you seem a lot more relaxed and mellow than in previous semesters. Before you were always running around and seemed really stressed." I don't think I'm going to be much less busy than in previous semesters - I'm taking a few less units, thanks to the hellish load I took last fall. But, I'm still going to be interning 2 days/ semester, I have 2 competitions this semester as opposed to one, I have a midterm, a class with an early final, and the MPRE to deal with. But, I just don't have it in me to stress any more. Or, I've just gotten used to a sustained level of stress and become desensitized. Maybe an anecdote will explain better...

I was walking home from school on Tuesday when I noticed that my new bag was dripping all over my cute new business dress. In a pattern that would lead a passer by to think I'd peed my pants. I stopped, discovering that my 20 oz water bottle was not properly closed and had spilled in my bag, ruining my Cal Civ Pro book and, potentially, my lap top cord. I didn't cry or break down or call the husband or my mom. I just picked up the pace and kept walking. What else could I do?

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

Glad you are back. I like reading stories.

 
At 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going to kick MPRE butt.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have more units than ever before, more hours of work, and I have to find a job. I'm stressed about finding a job, of course...but I just sort of plug away at the rest of it. Pick up the pace and keep walking, exactly.

 
At 1:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gina lee nolin sex tape Actions do not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. - B. Disraeli Really? amazing. Many find useful for themselves Thank you, useful thing. Thank you very much! I took a too-handy. Well done! fantastic! ... Blog is excellent, plenty to like!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home