Monday, July 07, 2008

Heard in the 'hood

There was a house fire in our neighborhood earlier this evening, turned out to be okay - every one's fine, minor damage. Shortly after it was contained, I went with the husband to the corner store. A woman came in and asked, "What happened on the corner?" The Clerk said, "It was a fire on the top floor." "Oh," she said, "So it wasn't a shootin' then? Good." I was a bit shocked and the husband told me, "Clearly you don't spend enough time at the corner store."

In other news...we had a simulated written exam today. It wasn't pretty. But I have to keep telling myself I can pass, I can pass, I can pass.

4 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! This is ACK-ZE EDLING-HAY Your old CompuPal! What’s up! Congrats on graduating!!! I made it through year one at GGU somehow… Just barely… But for the most part I enjoyed it... Other than the lousy grades I wouldn’t have done anything differently ...

So you’ll notice I’ve employed the language of Pig Latin in my introduction… I stupidly included my first and last name in my previous SKHOLAR post so when I google myself (daily) it pops right up and I’m like “I suck at lawschool” and “my school sucks but I’m going there anyway!” Or something… Anyway my school DOES suck so I have to be extra careful about employers… and ex-girlfriends… know what I mean? Is there anyway you can edit it? I just don’t want those employers/ex-girlfriends to know that I know my school sucks! follow me?

It was from April 20, 2007… whoa 4/20, maybe I was high. Anyway thanks a lot- and if it's an impossibility and there will forever be a historical record of my less-than-savvy blogging skills and dumb comments then c'est la vie.

I am so impressed with the whole graduation thing... you are an inspiration!!! We have to hang out after the you-know-what…

Good luck!

-Zack

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps awesome CA Bar Primer link! If this stupid test is hard for YOU how the hell am I going to pass????? fjdlkajflkdajflkdjfl

-z

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Don't worry about the bar now - it will suck bad enough when you study for it. Work hard during 2L, take it easy 3L and then worry about the bar.

 
At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on. thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home