Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Other Bar

Lots of lawyers are alcoholics. Lots of law students are alcoholics. The first day of orientation we received a pamphlet detailing the reasons for this and what we can do to get help when we inevitably develop an excessive taste for the sauce. As I type this, I am drinking. Personally, I think alcohol is conducive to the legal analysis process. For example:
A good friend had a cosmo at lunch before our afternoon class today and really rocked the crim law commentary.
The TA for my moot court class which meets from 4:30 - 6:30, conflicting with beer on the beach (lots of free beer on the concrete slab in front of the school) managed to chug 2 cold ones during our 10 minute break. He was better than usual at judging our oral arguments.

And, randomly, a good friend of mine who does not go to law school called to tell me he too was at beer on the beach and where the hell was I? I'm sorry M! I was in class.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not as think as you law-student I am.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

I think people like to drink, not just lawyers.

Post-docs are notorious for Friday parties. I bet if I inspected all of the cold rooms (giant walk in fridges, used for preparing media and growing bugs) at UCSF on this Friday I could find a keg or two. Mind you this is a place where hazardous microorganisms are bred and stored along with ilicit beer, and wine. Come to think of it I need to go inspecting, SKH I'll try to get a keg for the two of us tonight. asspoopbutt

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home