Tuesday, May 23, 2006

de-cruding

After some serious neglect, my apartment is getting some much needed cleaning. I've shredded bushels of papers that were stacked on our table, got rid of other box - piled rats nests, and am slowly wiping away the grime. It feels good.

Contrats grade was posted today. I thought I'd really screwed up the final, but it wasn't bad at all.

And, a long winded way of revealing how getting older is not that bad...I was at the bus stop waiting to meet the husband at last night's Giants game when I saw an advertisement for the new X-men movie. The girl in the poster - Rogue I've been told - looks exactly like a friend I used to have (or, how she looked at the time I was friends with her, white stripes in black hair and all.) I saw the first in the X-men series with said friend and another friend. But, he wasn't really a friend so much as a guy who I met at a pool haul when I was 17 and he was 23 and who I had a mad crush on and thought I was "in love" with. This guy managed to sleep with not one, not two, but 4 of my friends. One being the Rogue look alike who was even younger than me. He also made out with my best friend at the time (so, I guess that's like 4.5 or something.) I don't know what all this says about me. That I was the type of 17 year old who hung out at pool hauls? That I was the type of 17 year old who "fell for" 23 year old guys because they knew what type of 17 year old girls hung out at pool hauls and played Ani Difranco when picking up such girls for lunch dates? That I was the type of 17 year old girl who had the type of friends who would make out and sleep with the "love" of her messed up teenage angsty life? I think I knew it was all fucked up at the time. I didn't particularly like the drama, but I didn't think I deserved any better. I am definitely not that person anymore. When I moved away for college, a whole new universe happened that let me insulate myself with people who would never let me be. And that universe keeps growing...