Monday, May 29, 2006

Liars!

We found a hike online yesterday that looked pretty, long, but easy enough for us and the dog. Apparently the people who wrote the Web content had a different idea of an "easy" hike. 45 minutes straight up hill is not, in my mind, any kind of easy. The hike was beautiful. It was in Mill Valley, lush with trees and creeks except for the straight uphill portion where there was no shade whatsoever. At least I felt healthy and accomplished for the day. Now I am really, oddly sore.

A few nights ago we went to a good friend's art show. I was really impressed. I knew she was talented, having seen her works periodically over the seven years I've known her. But, she tends to downplay these things. The show was packed, she was on the front page of a local newspaper, and she sold 5 pieces on Friday. The show was also open on Saturday, so I'm hoping she sold out.

Otherwise, not much to report. My house is cleaner. By the time I have orientation for my job, my closet should be cleaned out and organized. I'm going shopping with Bevy again for some more professional garb.

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it the Dipsea trail??

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

No, the Blithedale Summit. And, now that I was re-reading the description, it says that it is a "moderate" hike.

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it does also say it's suitable for beginning hikers... looks pretty, though.

 
At 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered that I have to go to orientation as well. Only mine is three days after I start work....that's the gov'ment for you.

 
At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

 
At 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! kerr paris yasmin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home