Friday, January 26, 2007

This semester has a first name...

And it's not O-S-C-A-R. It's D-E-P-R-E-S-S-I-N-G.

So far, my classes are interesting. Con Law 2 started with the Roe v. Wade line of cases. Given my scheduling inabilities, I've been forced to get up at 5 to do homework. So, a few days ago I was reading in depth about abortion procedures at that ungodly hour. Family law reading covered a section on women and work which has me feeling like I will be totally screwed should I decide to have children. This was reinforced by the way a pregnant woman in my office was recently treated. Oh, and I'm working a lot with domestic violence and taking a class on the topic. Of course, learning about this stuff is supposed to help you be informed and work to improve situtations. But, it doesn't always feel that way. Finally, in my seminar on criminal punishment, we spent a portion of class talking about hanging, drawing, and quartering.

But, there are good life things. I'm still not smoking. My parents are coming into town in about an hour. And, my husand reminded me I needed to throw an engagement party for a friend whose wedding I'm in. Not only that, but he came up with a great idea - crab and champagne at Crissy field. Five gold stars for that one.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun this weekend :)

crab and champagne sounds divine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home