Monday, September 03, 2007

My ass is smaller and so is my bank account.

I made a resolution at the beginning of the year. It was "health." To that end I quit smoking and lost nearly twenty pounds. Now I've added exercise to the mix and am getting back into a regular yoga practice. Last night my teacher told me I had great external hip rotation. Sweet. Anyway, this is all great and makes me very happy. Except for two things.

First, learning to accept my body is hard. I always thought I'd like my body "if I lost twenty pounds." But, I've lost it, and nope, still not happy with my body. I'm proud of myself, but when people compliment me, I find myself thinking, yeah, but I still have a flabby stomach. I'm hoping the exercise will help with that.

The second is that none of my clothes fit and, being broke makes it hard to replace stuff, especially suits. I had a gift certificate to Ann Taylor from my birthday which I went to use today. And ended up spending an extra, oh, $700. I was solo, though, and I am maybe the world's most indecisive shopper. I bought everything I thought I liked and the husband helped me choose what to keep -- navy skirt suit, white button up, brown croc pumps:





and what to return -- wine skirt suit that had a fun cut. He pronounced it great for a time when we have enough money to buy red suits.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITA re: learning to accept one's body. This past week I was wondering what my next steps were going to be -- I reallyreally want to be strength training quite regularly, but after reading Body for Life I'm not sure how far I want to take things. I think I enjoy too many food items that I would have to give up for the "perfect" body. All I can do is maybe be less poochy...and do more squats!

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

i love seth's rationale....men entertain me so.

very cute, very responsible buys :) but you do deserve a little fun splurge every now & then...just remember that :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home