Friday, October 21, 2005

It's Friday America

Woke up feeling extra groggy this am. Overcompensated by drinking a large coffee. I am not one of those caffeine sensitive types. I've been drinking the stuff practically since birth and worked at Starbucks for over 4 years. But, for some reason today's large really hit me. And helped me hit my stride, albeit done whild jittery and having an upset stomach. Went to class, managed to copy 1800 pages of cases for LWR (with the help of my awesome classmates), read through a dreadful section of property re: estates and future interests. Even took organized notes on it.

Now I am sipping some Pomegranite juice and about to tackle my torts outline. Query: any recommendations for essential classical music? I have none. I tried to outline to jazz, but was overwhelmed with the urge to run to north beach, buy a novel at City Lights and read it with a bottle of chianti in Washington Square park

6 Comments:

At 4:00 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Heh. I'm sorry, but I can't delete this one. It's too funny.

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger Frith said...

A few suggestions. You can probably listen to samples on Amazon.

Beethoven Symphony 9
Mozart's Requiem
Vivaldi's Four Seasons
Some Chopin
This (only $4): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000000UW5/ref=cm_bg_d/002-6292861-5284012?v=glance
Stravinsky's Firebird Suite
Itzhak Perlman's Paganini Caprices
Mahler Symphony No. 9 in D Major
Debussy, if you like the more Impressionist stuff (maybe l'apres-midi d'un faun)
Bach Six Suites for Cello

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Frith said...

Loving Beethoven's Archduke Trio these days, too.

 
At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to the Four Seasons so much during 1L that now if I try to I flash back to chilly fall evenings hunched over my desk. but it definitely worked for me!

I also really like listening to movie scores -- I have Pirates of the Caribbean, The Last Samurai (terrible movie, good score), Gladiator, Braveheart... it goes on and on. And oddly, I also liked listening to Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews live albums.

 
At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, was the stuff I passed on to you helpful at all? I know we used a different Civ Pro book, so I'm sorry about the cases being different (I assume).

 
At 3:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Gay steam room Ic247 providing solutions to your surveillance problems. Saab for sale billings mt asians 99 dodge avenger door interior trim Topamax adverse reactions Withdrawl from topamax Manitowoc 2b ice machines

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home