Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm a driver; I'm the winner; Things are gonna change, I can feel it

I argued and won my first motion (or really, opposition) in front of the court today. Only, really, there wasn't much argument on my part. The scope of my motion got limited. So, I asked about 10 questions. Opposing counsel cross examined my witness. The judge basically told me I had no redirect. He let opposing counsel (who brought the motion) make an argument and then denied it.

I also won a small home victory today when husband threw away the biggest, grossest, most annoying plastic Giants cup ever -- the one that doesn't fit in our dish washer or our cabinets.

Side note: I've now been told in trial advocacy settings that I'm a "fierce" "fuck-you" type person. Interesting because I see myself as goofy and self deprecating.

5 Comments:

At 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you ARE fierce! hee hee. :)

 
At 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's because they haven't heard your LAUGH.

xo

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

RIP Giants cup

BORN: 2002 NLDS
Died: 10/6/2006.

You will be missed.

I remember our first drink together... rootbeer and smuggled jack daniels. It is a sad day in cup history.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

RIP Giants cup

BORN: 2002 NLDS
Died: 10/6/2006.

You will be missed.

I remember our first drink together... rootbeer and smuggled jack daniels. It is a sad day in cup history.

 
At 7:00 PM , Anonymous How To Play Slot Machines said...

Good topic

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home