Saturday, October 14, 2006

More lows and highs

I argued my second motion yesterday. Complete train wreck. Everyone was very "oh, you did a good job" about it, but they were lying to make me feel better. I know when I do well and when I don't. Friday, I didn't. I am dissapointed and sad about it. One attorney, who didn't see it made a very helpful point. She said that of course I could have done better but I did the best I could in that moment. That's true, but if I want this job, I need to get better in those moments. Otherwise I will be drinking far too many Greyhounds at dive bars.

I got a second callback. For a job I really want. I'm not saying anything else about it because I don't want to screw it up.

Competition is this week. All day practice tomorrow. We're leaving Thursday am. Let the anxiety and nausea commence!

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta have some train wrecks, in the beginning, so that you can rock later on.

That said, I'm sorry it went crappy. Good luck on the callback!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home