Saturday, February 03, 2007

Random Updates

Parents: Weekend with parents was good. Choosing restaraunts for them is difficult. Dad will complain if it's too pricey or too "weird" which can be hard to avoid in the SF food destinations I love. He loved the Mexican place we picked ("Hot sauce wasn't hot enough, but that was the best carnitas I've ever had and the margaritas were killer"). My mom was in absolute heaven when the seafood restaurant we choose for her b-day dinner a) printed a special menu for her that said: "Happy Birthday Momma SKH." She and I both ordered sole which was boned at the table. Big, huge points from her perspective. The winner was the complimentary molten chocolate cake celebration dessert. We did do things other than eat. We bowled. Mom and I shopped. Dad and husband man bonded - which I think meant drinking whiskey and coke while watching the only sport on TV that weekend - college basketball. In my dad's one typical moment... he was sitting in the front seat with a Thai cab driver who had his name posted. It was Watson _______ (something very long and Thai and hard to pronounce). My dad said: Watson? Where'd you get that name. And I fell in love with the cab driver when he responded: What? You expect my name to be Wong? Watson was my father's name. Who're you, John Smith?

School: I'm taking Con Law 2, Family Law, and Domestic Violence (among others). There is some major overlap in the cases for those classes, which is nice. But, the subject matter is still depressing in large part (see previous post).

Other: I babysat last night. I went straight from work, so was wearing a pant suit. The little boy, age 5, touched my suit jacket and asked: Why can men only wear these and women can wear these and dresses, but men can't wear dresses? I should have said: have your mom take you to the Castro tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooove how little kids see things like that.

My classes overlap too - Remedies, Evidence, Fed Courts. Sure makes it easier - gonna have to try to do it again in the future.

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bevy -- you should have completed the trifecta by taking Remedies - Fed Courts - Admin. heheheh.

 
At 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heheheheh indeed. I'm already a week behind on my reading.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home