Monday, September 10, 2007

Extremist

Recently, I saw a Sex in the City rerun where Carrie and Miranda got into a fight while shopping. Carrie accused Miranda of being judgmental and said, in paraphrase, that when she saw a flaw in someone she bailed.

I don't bail, really, ever, on people I care about. But life is short and there are things that I don't feel the need to tolerate - as callous as that sounds.

Recently, a friend revealed a side that I am, quite frankly, repulsed by. Do you have friends who have one set of patterns or behavior that you disagree with but ignore for the sake of the friendship and other "good" qualities? What are friendship deal breakers for you?

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't me! :-P

I find myself in this situation more with my family than with my friends. I disagree with my friends on lots of things, but as long as I enjoy their company, I'll let other things go.

But I don't think I've been truly tested on this - if a friend did something that truly offended me, not sure what I'd do...guess it would depend on the person.

You know my views on reproductive rights, and I have friends that have done things against those views, but it doesn't offend me - I certainly have compassion for their situation.

That doesn't answer anything, does it....

 
At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home