Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Done. And.

So, after a couple 14+ hour days of handwriting a 44 page single space outline in my Cal Civ Pro rule book, I finished finals last Thursday. Then I ran away to visit a friend in Portland. It was great and very Pacific Northwest. By that, I mean we went to a juicing party on Saturday. By that, I mean a party where you bring over a variety of fruit and juice it. Seriously. On Sunday it was snowing softly, the first snow of the season, as we shopped downtown. Oddly, the insomnia set in on the trip. I was mostly okay throughout finals but in Portland, and still, I am waking up at odd hours. Instead of freaking out about it, I've been reading. I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns. Like the Kite Runner, an amazing, amazing book. Not easy, but, well, amazing. I've been scurrying around to prepare for a few holiday parties and wrapping presents and the like. I am not a super holiday person but for reasons unknown have been really craving this Christmas.

And, for reasons I'm unwilling to blog in detail, I am really, really sick of flakey people making excuses

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The Kite Runner yesterday (instead of studying, of course). Wow. You pin it down: "not easy, but, well, amazing." Yup.

One semester left. We shall make our escape soon, darting away, tossing study guides heedlessly behind us.

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

It is more than a week now since I finished reading this book, it left a big impression on me. In places this book made me cry, the reader gets really drawn into the characters. If you are ever feeling low then remember this story. There are many women in the world like Mariam and Laila.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home