Saturday, November 24, 2007

Progress Report

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We went to visit the husband's family and had a great time and lots of great food. I am still giving myself a pat on the back for not bringing home any leftovers of my favorites: my father in law's yams fried in butter or mother in law's pumpkin cheesecake.

On Friday we went shopping for our Christmas present from the in laws. I really wanted to post a picture, but the exact thing we bought isn't online. It's a brown leather Ottoman with nesting cubes inside. It's great because we need extra seating in our living room, but again, the odd shape means we can't put a second couch or loveseat or even a recliner in there. So, the ottoman will serve as a bench and if we have more people over we can take out the cute little cubes and the top of the ottoman turns over and becomes a serving tray. Of course, bringing it home meant moving the spare bed someone donated to us out of the living room where it's propped against a wall for the past two weeks. That bed went into the office which is now both an office and a guest bedroom. The very comfortable chaise lounge someone donated to us went into our bedroom after many long debates about possible layouts. The poor dog -- broken and exhausted from running around the in laws house like a maniac -- was very dismayed that we were changing his sleeping arrangements. Today he seems to be having a good time testing them all out.

Amidst all the eating and house arranging, I managed to get some work done and have finished both of my papers. Only two finals stand between me and a month off. Speaking of... I think it is time to confront the Cal Civ Pro outline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home