Friday, January 04, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

2007 in review: the husband got a promotion, we took an amazing trip to Belize, I made progress in the school and job fronts, we moved into an awesome new apartment that feels like home, I quit smoking and said goodbye to an extra 20 pounds or so.

It only makes sense that following such a pleasant year (okay, I am skipping over the self imposed where should I work and live and will I ever be happy anguish and loosing hair and sleep stress from the fall) I am starting this one by torturing myself. Despite STORM WATCH 2008, I am starting an outdoor fitness bootcamp next week. For reals. I haven't worked out regularly since, oh, maybe five years ago. But what better time than in the pooring rain and wind knocking trees and power lines to the ground?

2008 in preview: I don't die when trying to workout during January, but in fact become stronger, develop a love of running stairs and lifting weights and am not afraid to wear a bikini around my friends during trip to Florida in April for a BFF's wedding. I commit to my yoga practice. A fabulous meal at Gary Danko to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. I graduate law school and the celebrations are in fact fun and not family drama filled. I don't die of stress, anxiety, or boredeom when studying for/ taking the bar. Or kill the husband. We celebrate another friend's wedding. We take a fabulous post bar trip - hopefully to Thailand. I start and love, or at least like, my new job and it pays enough so that there is actually something left after student loans, rent, and gas are due. We celebrate two more weddings. I take my grandma to wine country so she can embarass me by asking V. Sattui if they make white Zinfandel. Along the way, I read novels and see friends, and go to movies, and spend more quality time with the husband and the dog. Here's to hoping for a fabulous 2008.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM , Blogger Sethonious said...

Wait!!!Stop the presses! V. Satui doesn't make white zin and serve it over ice?

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, grandmothers....

Hurrah for being almost done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home