Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Food!

Over the weekend I ate at two new to me spots.

The first was Butterfly. My brother in law and his girlfriend were in town for the evening. It's always hard to pick a restaurant when they come to visit. They only ethnic food they like is Italian. They don't eat vegetables. We thought Butterfly would work since they had steak and ribs on the menu -- good call. I was a little dissapointed that the 2 fish dishes on the menu somehow involved sausage. I was vegetarian for over 10 years, still don't eat pork or red meat, and definitely stay away from sausage. (I now identify as a picky-terian.) Somehow, I decided quail would be a good idea. And it actually was. The view at the place was great. The cocktail and wine lists impressive. A good place to show off San Francisco.

Last night 3 friends from school and I met at Rigolo Cafe. Reasonably priced and fun. And, the menu had a number (or two) by each item indicating the wine it best paired with. Pairing by number? Thank you! I didn't love my shrimp salad, but the smoked salmon pizza I stole from F was great.

Now I'm waiting for class to start. Ugh.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rigolo sounds good -- I've been wanting to try more of his places. If you like reviewing things and finding out about new places, you should check out yelp.com -- soooo addictive!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

However for those that do enjoy sausage and fish and meat of all kinds Butterfly was AWESOME! I love me a whole fried fish and I got every speck of meat out of the body and head on that bugger. I stopped short of sucking out the eyeballs as that wasn't appropriate for a fancy dinner but thought about it... Really was that good

 
At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, we really are married to the same man.

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Bextra stroke philadelphia stroke Free pica chicks with dicks black shemale video Cumshots+close+up Erica thomas chrysler jeep coupons for j renee shoes cum on penis cum city Dungeon boots

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home