Thursday, June 08, 2006

Search and seizure

So much for not working on Fridays.

I was ordering priors on a case today when the intern coordinator walked in and asked: "What bull-shiiit are you working on?" He's really hilarious. I told him what I was doing and he said: "Well, that's really important. Everything we do around here is important. BUT, it's still buuull shiiit. Do you want to write a motion?" And I said: "Well, I would, but I'm only a first year and not certified." He looked at me and said: "Honey, we are (in air quotes) under-resourced. Which means, we can have people like you write the motions as long as they get written and make sense and a real attorney looks over it. But, you definitely cannot argue it. Come with me."

So, I take notes on everything I need to do and ask (momentarily forgetting where I work) when it's due.

"Tomorrow by noon."

Gulp. I wasn't planning on working on Fridays a) because I'm not getting paid and b) because I can get paid on the Fridays when I babysit. So, I said I normally didn't work on Fridays and asked if I could make a few phone calls. I made the needed calls, raced back upstairs (I'm sorry feet!) and said it would be done by then.

So, the internship continues to cost me money. But, I LOVE it. I love, love, love it. This is affirming since I don't heart law school.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

This IS your wonderful life... You Deserve It!

 
At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me tell you, loving what you do is soooooo important. heheh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home