Sunday, February 04, 2007

How many ribs does a cow have?

We've ordered groceries online for the past two big grocery shops...

My vegetarianism has ended in stages over the past five years or so, but I still avoid pork and red meat. The husband loves both and eats what he calls "disgusting boy meat" on nights when I'm working late or out with friends. So, today he ordered three pounds of beef ribs. Only, well, they misinterpreted that somehow and now there is over fifty pounds or rouglhy the ribs of 4 cows sitting in our kitchen. At least they were on super sale for 89 cents per pound.

One pack is going from the husband to the Mr. in the couple we're throwing the engagement party for: "Congrats on getting married, keep your manhood. I'll help with 20 lbs of ribs."

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. That's a lot of dead cow.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... That wouldn't be a Safeway order would it? I tried to order a 1/4 pound of walnuts once and ended up with 4 pounds!
And I won't even talk about substitutions! Since when is tilapia a substitute for salmon?

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

ugh, same thing happened to me....ordered 4 bananas & got 40. it was lovely - i guess they thought we owned a monkey or something....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home