Monday, March 19, 2007

This better be worth it

The financial aid office sent me a love note of sorts today.

Dear Ms. SKH: So far you have gone $72,825 in debt with 5 different types of loans over these past two years to finance your legal education. Don't forget, next year tuition for UC professional schools increases 8 - 12% and there may be a specific increase for your specific institution. XOXO.

To celebrate, I changed my blog template. I lost my links in the process. I'll fix them eventually...

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Blogger Sethonious said...

uhm, (hard swallow) gh.

 
At 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fucking hated those letters... like you really need to be reminded of how you owe not only all your money, but your first three children and your ovaries??

 
At 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And kidneys.

Yesterday I was talking to another friend who also attends our esteemed institution, and realized that if you count my undergrad loans, I've passed 100k. Plus 12k in credit card debt. Ouch.

And then I realized that I probably couldn't pay it all off even if I sold my eggs, one of my kidneys, and part of my liver....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home