Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Absurd

1. Today the husband had oral surgery. In his I'm waking up from being under state, he wanted mac 'n cheese and vienna sausages. His doctor told him to eat bland and drink ginger ale. Somehow, it seems fitting that we could purchas "the cheeziest", vienna sausages (not fit for a dog in my mind) and ginger ale at Walgreeds while waiting for the vikoden perscription to be filled.

2. My school was proposing to raise the GPA requirement for participating in certain activities and internships from 2.5 to 2.75. You, yeah, the one who is already fucked on the basis of a ridiculously harsh curve and accordingly arbitrary grades, well, now we're going to fuck you in terms of learning practical skills. PS, your tuition went up another 10% this year. This from the school that's rankings keep dropping, known for its uber - competitiveness and harshest of harsh curves. But, power to the people, a petition and lots of action stopped this from happening.

3. People who sell crack on the street keep it in their mouth. Then, someone walks up to them and asks for a "ten shot" (if they want $10 worth of crack) and the dealer spits it out.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicoden. Don't leave oral surgery without it.

Speaking of the Academic Deans...You know our favorite school program? The one that things it is the only reason our school exists? Moot Court? Well, they've reserved every open classroom after 4:30pm, so I don't have any place to train my volunteers. You know, I think I'm gonna take this rant over to my own blog before it gets out of hand....

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Sorry! I've had the same experience re: the team that I'm on that shall remain nameless so the blog can be some what fakely anonymous.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

PS - My spelling has gotten really out of control. Vicoden. Walgreens. Etc.

 
At 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

VicodIn. because I am not in school and am therefore supposed to have all of my brain. ;)

YAY power to the people! I hope the petition was addressed something like "Dear Dean ___, STOP SCREWING US OVER ALREADY!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home