Tuesday, September 18, 2007

::

At the very least, 4 semesters have clued me into knowing when I'll be called on. I had the feeling this morning. In fact, the husband and I woke up at 5:12 am. He: Shit, I didn't take out the trash. Me: I have to start drinking coffee imediately and reread that case because I think I really might get called on. Sure enough, my quite fabulous professor called out my name about fifteen minutes into class. My first name is quite common and when he said it, I thought hopefully it might be someone else. But, no. He was looking right at me. At least I'd sort of read the case and had really read it for 1L Civ Pro and could at least say "candied breakfasts" signifying that I'd actually read the case. Even if I didn't know the elements of fraud and the policy reasons why it should be pled with particularity.

I had a good attitude about it all. But, the whole time I was thinking... really? I'm so over being called on.

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM , Blogger kommishonerjenny said...

seriously. i got called on in corporations, and i was *so pissed.* and there's that legend about how after 1l year you can just pass, but i think it's a lie. i've never seen it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home