Tuesday, February 19, 2008

relief baking?

My competition went well. My partner and I had fun in the 2 preliminary rounds - something I usually can't do because I'm too nervous. We advanced to the semi finals which was great but not to the finals. While neither of us was happy to lose, we were happy to have time off and get our lives back. 3 back to back 3 hour rounds = exhaustion.

I "rewarded" myself by eating and drinking too much. I did a lot of laundry and cleaning the next day and baked some chocolate chip banana bread. I have to say that it turned out perfectly:

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe banana, mashed
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Directions:
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at med. speed of elec. mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in bananas.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended. Stir in mini-morsels and nuts.

Spoon into greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loafpan (I used glass and baked for 1 hour). Bake at 350 for 1 hr. & 10 min. or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on wire rack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home