Friday, November 11, 2005

down on contracts

I have been putting of outlining for contracts until today. F and I vowed that we would start today and be available via phone and e-mail for questions. The husband had the day off, but he and a friend went, what else, crabbing. So, with the house to myself I hunkered down and got through a massive amount of contracts. The outline is not 100% up to date, but I feel productive and tired enough to stop. And, the best part is that I actually think I am getting it.

My body is starting to get fucked. Between sitting at the computer far too much, not doing yoga, and hauling around 174 lbs of books and technology, I have become one massive knot. I am so breaking the spines on my books next semester. I can save my back and ditch the 100% dork backpack.

I wish I hadn't committed to volunteering and working tomorrow (ugh. I'll be gone from 10 am until 11 pm). But, I have a bleeding heart and a need for some side cash. I lost 4 articles of clothing this week -- a pair of pants to a stubborn stain, a favorite sweater to an irreparable hole, a skirt and shirt to way too much wear.

I'll drink to that. Oh, and I'll drink to the fact that my mom just won one thousand dollars playing NICKEL POKER. She bet 5 freaking nickels and got a royal flush. I need to start gambling.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oof, yes. I have a massive headache, and I didn't even do any homework today. I really could use a massage, but $$$....

But I talked to a Director at my old company today, and he says he is going to try and get me in as a contractor during winter break. As nice as it would be to sleep for three weeks straight, the money would be nice. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Fingers crossed. Let me know when you find out...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home