Saturday, November 05, 2005

::

I have a really great group of friends -- loving, dynamic, interesting and funny. We're close -- we've been friends since we were dumb 18 year olds drinking 40s, crashing parties, getting lost in the city and having no clue what we wanted to do with all of our energy. These are the people who were in my wedding, who know all the stuff I don't tell new people. But tonight, I could barely relate to them. Even fresh crab and a room full of the people I love best couldn't pull me out of 1L mode. I found myself resenting the fact that two of them are going to Santa Barbara for the weekend, and being jealous of the beautiful homieness of E's apartment. She had fresh flowers and lemon wedges floating in vases on end tables. I can't even get my laundry done or vacuum. D who is a successful photographer actually said to me, "I'm sorry but your life just sucks right now." At least she was honest and didn't try to tell me how great it was that I was in law school or ask me if I were enjoying it.

The husband is still out, and I am having a glass of wine that I don't need and listening to Ani DiFranco... appropriately the current song lyric says: "I want my old friends. I want my old face. I want my old mind. Fuck this time and place."

A friend of mine told me that law school would tear me apart and rebuild me brick by brick. What if I don't like the finished product?

9 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Fuck Texas and fuck turkey hunting. I've actually been turkey hunting -- I used to live on a farm in Oklahoma. But I am not in a mood to put up with shit and am taking it out on this dumb fucking blog spam. And, I already deleted 3 other spams from this one fucking post.

 
At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

I wanna quit, too.

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Thanks, A. I am feeling a tiny bit better this morning...

You can't quit -- you are *so* close!

 
At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas turkey hunting? Anyway...

I've been feeling the same way. I have nothing to talk about anymore, and I find myself walking around thinking that nobody (who isn't a 1L) understands.

I've definitely noticed the "tearing down" of my person lately. My biggest worry isn't whether I will like the finished product (although that does get some air time), it is having faith that I will indeed by built back up at some point.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

Let me know how to help...

 
At 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Legal assistant job in fl Mass html email Wal mart pico rivera ca Back+pain+and+large+breasts waring small appliances Bathroom stick on shelves celebrex long term effects toddler 2 slim pants for boys Dotties weight loss what is fioricet Independent insurance agent orlando Acer laptop keyboard removal Moving companies in british columbia Chicago rhinoplasty specialty School of rock song by jack black zithromax cat Dr. denese + skin care

 
At 11:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

best buy tramadol where to buy tramadol - tramadol hcl get high

 
At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

phentermine diet pills can you buy phentermine online legally - buy phentermine online without a rx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home