Friday, January 20, 2006

I need your help...

A while back, I posted about a childhood friend of mine who needs a liver transplant. Long story short -- he's now in a hostpital in Indiana waiting for a liver. Unfortunately, as a result of his liver problems his kidneys have now failed too. So, he's waiting in a hospital in Indiana for a liver and kidneys. It's horrible on so many levels. I feel like I am hoping for someone to die so that he can live.

Before I get all sentimental and weepy...the reason I need your help...As you can imagine, the cost of liver/ kidney transplant paired with the fact that the whole family lives in Kauai but is having to rent an apartment in Indiana is HUGE. I really want to have some kind of fun fundraiser to help raise money for them. I have good ideas -- IE, have a party with cheap beer and cheap (but tasty) food and charge a lot of money for a great time (that's the more lowbrow of the ideas, but whatever). The challenge is this -- my apartment is very tiny and due to crazy neighbor, the backyard is out of the question. Any ideas on something the husband and I could do that would be fun to raise money??

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps there are community spaces through the parks department that are very low cost? or maybe you can coordinate a fundraiser through a bar or something, where your cause would get a cut through a cover charge? The Rickshaw Stop might do something like that.

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Really good ideas, A. Thanks!

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Voyeur dorm adult Cincinnati ge profile refrigerator wholesale herbal supplements supplier Blood flow to penis

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home