Sunday, September 23, 2007

Namaste

Today is the first day of Autumn. I was reminded of that by my insane need to drink a bottomless cup of tea while studying and my yoga teacher telling us to eat squash and apples from the farmer's market because our nutrition would help our practice. I sort of trust him because every Sunday night I come home blitzed out and light headed from spending at least twenty minutes upside down, all sore muscles and blood rushing to my head. Today it was Sarvangasana-- shoulder stand.

This has nothing to do with what I started out intending to blog about. I started out intending to complain. It is my third year and I want to be less busy. While at least I know what I'm doing, I still have a lot to do. Maybe even more than last year. And my employment situation is... self torture. I guess the difference is that I didn't go to a single yoga class my first year. Not because I couldn't have, but because I wouldn't let myself. I smoked a lot and ate poorly and gained wait. Not because it made my grades any better or got me a job, but because I didn't follow the lesson I'd learned so many times over: take care of yourself first.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

You gain weight, although if you could gain wait wouldn't it be kind of like stopping time.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger ::skh:: said...

Doh. Stupid spelling errors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home