Friday, October 05, 2007

alternate career part 456

Instead of being a lawyer... I want to be a country song writer. I've always been a selective country fan. I can hardly call myself a fan of the overall genre because a lot of the songs are too much about God and America. But, there are some comforting easy to sing along songs. Lately, I've been listening to The Wolf. Currently, Brooks and Dunn are singing "sit right here and have another beer in Mexico." I mean, hey, who wouldn't want to do that? I decided that there need to be some urban country songs -- for those of us who may like twangy guilty pleasures and can relate to drinks on vacation, and loving family, and being happy or sad or broke or pissed at a boyfriend but not to pastures and cowboy hats and huge plots of land. See, this is where I think I could be of use to the country music industry.

I really should have spent this afternoon studying for my midterm or editing my trial team stuff. Instead I have baked 5 batches of walnut drop cookies for my friend for her birthday. To my credit, I'm also doing laundry...

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Blogger Sethonious said...

you could totally be be "the guy behind the guy" to a gretchen wilson/Faith hill type a country starlet. Just don't write the songs like they had in coyote ugly... EWWW.

Just watched it again, I vomited and pooped at the same time out of disgust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMGtb3MDWo

Here I'll get you started on a song lyric.

Standing in the kitchen
A drunk husband grabs my ass
Damn that boy is so bitchin,
He goes fishin
and then we eat sea bass

Lets all get drunk
Now wait make that crunk
That COUNTRY DRUNK in this house
Whose hand is that up my blouse
It's my husband.
I'll let him go cause he's my biggest fan.

Yeah husband and fan don't rhyme but whatevs. artistic something or
other license.

You do better. Put your money where your mouth is and I'll let you think about dropping out. I'll see if I can sell it to Alan Jackson.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home