Monday, June 19, 2006

Bi-Lingo

Went home for the weekend. I love my family and all in all it was a good trip. But...there were the usual familial challenges. Especially my cousin's wife who I love but was annoying the shit out of me. She wouldn't stop talking about how much weight she'd lost and how good she looks and how she gets to buy all these cute clothes now. The highlight had to be when she drank too much and said in front of my mom and grandma that if she got pregnant she'd "just get rid of it" even though my cousin wants kids. I kept trying to help her out, being well versed in nervous around the in-laws, drinking too much and saying stupid shit. But, she never seemed to take my offers of salvation. In another patio session, my grandma (mom's side) and grandpa (dad's side) were talking about how I need to become fluent in "that Spanish" because no one will hire you if you're not "Bi-lingo."

Back to the grind today. My supervising attorney asked me to second chair her at a trial that starts tomorrow. Very excited about that!

3 Comments:

At 6:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kick some second-chair ass, 'kay?

 
At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay trial!

 
At 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home